Another month has flown by! September marked a very exciting month for our family as little Alexander turned the big one year old! It's crazy how time flies with kids. When people say the days are slow but the years are FAST, they are completely right.
Family apple picking trip 2018!
Last month brought us on a family trip to the White Mountains in New Hampshire, lots of weekend fall activities, and the beginning of ballet class for Amaia. It was a fun yet relaxing month also filled with lots of sewing and market prep. In maker world, crazy season starts about mid-October until Christmas time, so I'm trying to squeeze in as much work as I can these days.
September was fun, so I'm excited to share my favorites:
1. Portsmouth Fabric Company: We took a quick family trip to one of my absolute favorite fabric & quilt shops in Portsmouth, NH. If you are in the local area this shop is an absolute MUST. They have an amazing selection and there is something magical about the creaky old wooden floors that just make me smile.
Rainy day in Portsmouth, NH.
2. Fall fabrics: A recent trip to West Elm (just to browse!) has me absolutely in love with this fall color palette. I was so inspired by their fall look that I've been searching for these colors. Give me all the burnt orange, teal, and blush prints!
Fall fabric from Portsmouth Fabric Co.
3. New rotary blades: Over the summer I stocked up on spare sewing machine needles. So last month I invested in new rotary blades. Personally, I always keep the two items on hand. And yes, splurging on Olfa or Fiskars does make a difference! If your fabric edges are looking rough, it's definitely time to replace your blade.
Photo credit: olfa.com
4. Reusable straw case: Eeek! I'm SO excited about this. I've been thinking about making a case for my reusable straws for ages. With two kiddos in the mix it isn't always easy to carve out the time for pattern drafting. After numerous requests over the summer, I knew now was the time. I'm planning on releasing it for sale online by the end of October, so be on the look out for details. Plus I'll be bringing a limited batch with me to my markets. Yay!
Straw cases will be up for grabs at the end of October!
5. Mane Message shop & YouTube channel: Over the past few months I've really gotten into watching YouTube. We cancelled cable, so when I'm looking for something to watch I've been turing to fun vlogs on YouTube. Olivia runs a handmade hair accessory shop and also makes videos about business and lifestyle. I love watching her shop and story grow through her channel.
6. A Little Bazaar kick-off: September marked the kick-off of A Little Bazaar Market Season at Mill No. 5 in Lowell, MA! I've been a vendor at A Little Bazaar for several years now and it's definitely one of my all time favorite markets. The venue itself is amazing but the unique and dedicated vendors make it worth the trip. Check it out if you're local. I'll be vending there myself on November 10th, 2018.
Photo credit: alittlebazaar.market
7. @hilary.rachael on Instagram: I stumbled upon Hilary's wonderful Instagram account and I seriously can't get enough. She is all about wellness and learning to live a slow lifestyle. Something I definiltey need in my life right now. I love reading her tips for slowing down and taking care of yourself. Even better, she is all about community and loves to help and share her knowledge with others.
Photo credit: @hilary.rachael on Instagram
That's all for September! We're already a week into October and I've already got some fun ideas. Thanks for following along! Share what you're loving in the comments below!